Thursday 26 June 2014

HERBAL TIDES - SALTED CARAMEL & SHADY SHADES

DISCLAIMER

I received these E-liquids free of charge from Herbal Tides for the purpose of review, all opinions stated in this review are my own and are what I believe to be true, honest and accurate.


BOTTLE & LABELLING INFO

These E-liquids came in hard squeeze 10ml bottles featuring child proof safety caps, the labels feature the following information:- The flavour, safety warnings, nicotine strength, tactile triangle and hazardous substances symbols making them CHIP & CLP compliant. 

The PG/VG ratios are 70/30



VAPING SETUP

MOD: UVO SYSTEM - ORIGIN
ATOMISER: GRAND VAPOR - TRIDENT
COIL & WICK: SINGLE TIGRE 0.5 OHM AND COTTON WICK
BATTERY: FULLY CHARGED PURPLE 30A EFEST 18650


HERBAL TIDES - SALTED CARAMEL

Every once in a while there comes along an Eliquid vendor that catches your eye and Herbal tides is definitely one of those, like most of Herbal Tides range Salted caramel's label art really stands out from the crowd, it depicts caramel oozing out of a salt shaker and a banner with "salted caramel" written inside, kind of old skool Tattoo art inspired.

Removing the cap to give salted caramel a sniff is just like opening up a box of actual salted caramel, simply a fantastic aroma.

Vaping this Eliquid is a real treat and taking a large lung hit I could feel the sweetness of the caramel on my tongue giving it a little tingle as it passes over, the exhale is where the magic happens for me, the sweetness suddenly transforms to a savoury sea salt caramel flavour, this may sound weird, strange or even horrible to some but believe me it's pure vaping heaven, if you've ever eaten salted caramel before you'll be pleased to know that Herbal tides have pulled the flavour off perfectly.

Vapour production is top notch too, producing plenty of vapour on the setup I'm using.

Throat hit is satisfying, nothing harsh but definitely gives a great hit.

Overall I'm bloody impressed with salted caramel from Herbal Tides,on paper it sounds odd if your not familiar with the flavour....caramel and salt?...In a Eliquid!! 
But just go with it, It's not overly sweet, neither is it too salty there's a perfect balance of sweet and savoury going on here and it all happens in a blink of an eye. Herbal Tides say on their website that they are putting their name on the line with this flavour, I say it's making their name with this truly phenomenal flavour!

SCORES
Flavour 10/10
Vapour production 9/10
Throat hit 8/10
Overall 9/10


WISE GUYS EJUICE - SHADY SHADES

Wise Guys Ejuice is a spin-off from Herbal Tides main Eliquid line up, with an old skool gangster vibe going on with the label design, featuring Tony Montanna from scarface, Al capone from 1935 and a third faceless gangster holding a pistol (which I imagine is you!).

Taking the cap off the bottle for a sniff for the first time is an experience I'll never forget....imagine cheesy popcorn, that's the only way I can explain the aroma.

Wondering what the hell to expect with such an odd smelling (but not disgusting) Eliquid I took my first vape, OMG!! now honestly, I wasn't expecting what was going on in my mouth, on the inhale I experienced a cheesy but creamy toffee flavour which sent my senses into overdrive, exhaling gave an unbelievably buttery smooth biscuit flavour with popcorn right on the tail end, it's a full on toffee cheesecake flavour and a damn authentic one at that.

Vapour production is top notch too, producing plenty of vapour on the setup I'm using.

Throat hit is satisfying, nothing harsh but definitely gives a great hit.

Overall... I'll admit to you now, when I first tried Shady shades I was really unsure with the flavour, it's got a cheesy taste much in the same way an actual cheesecake has and it was off putting at first, but when the flavours really combine in your mouth that's where the magic happens, it's sweet but not overbearing and I can definitely say that this is the best cheesecake flavour I've ever had, hands down!

SCORES
Flavour 10/10
Vapour production 9/10
Throat hit 8/10
Overall 9/10





  
CLICK HERE TO HELP SAVE VAPING!

1 comment: